Bathroom Tiles & Flooring Options
Having a practical and beautiful bathroom will greatly depend on your flooring. Finding the right kind of tiles for your bathroom can be more challenging compared to other parts of the house or business. Aside from considering aesthetics, room size, and budget, you will also need to think about water. Your bathroom floor will always have water, which makes it more prone to wear and tear, molds, damage, and accidents.
If you are currently remodeling your bathroom and have no idea where to start, you have come to the right place. Southern Home Remodeling is here to make sure that you get your money’s worth with safer, more durable, and aesthetically pleasing bathroom flooring.
Types of Bathroom Tiles
- Porcelain Tile – Considered as the go-to tile for many homeowners, this type is highly durable, scratch and stain resistant, and waterproof. It has a wide variety of texture and color and can be a beautiful substitute to wood or natural stone.
- Ceramic Tile – Imagine possibly half the price of porcelain tiles but still with a huge selection of color and design. Although it is less water resistant, it is still very durable and can last for years.
- Vinyl Tile – It is very advisable for fast installation and low cost. It is also reusable and less prone to cracking.
- Natural Stone Tile – Our collection of stone tiles is at your disposal. From marble to slate, also in different colors, etches, and patterns, you name it. Great for luxurious bathrooms straight out of a magazine, the beauty of stone tiles are worth the price and maintenance.
- Wood Bathroom Flooring – Most experts would advise against using wood, and it’s for a good reason: moisture. It can get tricky especially if it’s going to be directly under the sink or shower, but the ambiance it creates is amazing. We recommend considering using engineered wood instead of hard plywood.
- Linoleum Tile – It can serve as another affordable and colorful alternative to porcelain tiles. It is soft and easy to maintain.
- Cork Tile – This type is highly recommended for children and elderly since it is soft to walk on, prevents slip and fall, and easy to clean. It is also hypo-allergenic and anti-fungal.
- Mosaic Tiles – Multi-colored or stained glass tiles are hard to beat in terms of beauty. It brings charm and possibly a more vintage feel to a bathroom without sacrificing durability.
- Metal Tile – Rarely used as flooring, metal tiles are originally used for a lot of commercial and industrial bathroom walls. Nowadays, it can give a very sophisticated and modern look to a residential bathroom.
- Cement-Bodied Tile – If you are looking for something more heavy-duty and can withstand the regular wear and tear, then this is a good choice. It is highly durable and will look the same for many, many years.
- Pebble Tile – Also known as river rock pebble tile, it is great if you want your bathroom to look relaxing or more in touch with nature.
Get a FREE & NO OBLIGATION Quote
Water-resistant, value for money, stylish — These are some of the important factors in selecting tiles. We at Southern Home Remodeling are here to make your life easier by helping you weave through the tedious selection process and come out with perfect type that will complete your bathroom.
Call us today for a free and no obligations inspection and estimate so we can thoroughly check your bathroom and provide you with clear and affordable solutions here in the Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington Texas area.